SCHOOL RULES AND REGULATIONS OF F.S.SOBILI – YAOUNDE
FRANKY SECONDARY SCHOOL, is a private educational establishment, whose mission is to educate, train and bring up responsible Cameroonians of both sex. For this gaol to be achieved, an orderly and well disciplined environment void of anarchy must prevail. It is therefore for this reason that, a CODE OF CONDUCT has been put in place to guide attitudes as well as civic and responsible reaction within this institution. The code mentioned above is embodied in what is termed â€˜School rules and regulations of Franky comprehensive secondary secondary schoolâ€™.
CHAPTER 1: NATURE OF THE SCHOOL AND CONDITIONS FOR ADMISSION.
The F.C.S.S is a mixed, lay private institution which operates the cialis professional online. anglo-saxon system of education. It functions under a day regime and runs from Form one to Upper Sixth.
Admission of students is based on:
Success in Government Common Entrance examination.
Transfer from other renowned institutions.
A student looses his/her status of a student through dismissal either due poor academic performance [below 09/20 annual average] or undesirable acts of indiscipline.
CHAPTER 2: THE BEGINNING AND END OF CLASSES
THE HOISTING OF THE FLAG AND SINGING OF THE NATIONAL ANTHEM
- The flag is hoisted once a week, every Monday from 7:15 to 7:25 a.m.
- This ceremony is organised and supervised by the Senior Discipline Master of the school, but presided over by the Principal.
- The aim of this ceremony is to awaken national consciousness and the sense of patriotism in students.
- A roster for the weekly singing of the National Anthem is drawn-up by the Senior Discipline Master and strictly respected.
- The presence at the ceremony of all the students and teachers who have classes at 7:30 a.m. is obligatory.
THE DIVISION OF THE LESSONS.
Lessons run From 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. interspersed by two breaks [a short break and a long break ], except on Wednesday when classes end at 12 noon, interspersed by one short break.
- First lesson 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m
- Second lesson 8:30 a.m. to 9:20 a.m.
- Short break 9:20 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
- Third lesson 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Fourth lesson 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Long break 11:30 a.m. to 12 noon
- Fifth lesson 12 noon to 1 p.m
- Sixth lesson 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- Seventh lesson 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.
N.B: From 3 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. students clean their classrooms and surroundings, following a roster, under the supervision of the Senior Discipline Master.
WEDNESDAY TIME- TABLE
- First lesso 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
- Second lesson 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
- Break 9:30 a.m. to 9:45 a.m
- Third lesson 9:45 a.m. to 10:50 a.m.
- Fourth lesson 10:50 a.m. to 12 noon.
CHAPTER 3: ORGANISATION AND UNFOLDING OF LESSONS.
All lessons are compulsory except in Form Five, Lower and Upper- Sixth classes where the students have to choose their subjects.
Wednesday afternoons are devoted to punishment of students, general sports and cultural activities.
In the absence of a teacher, or during free periods, students must embark on individual reading of their lessons and any act of indiscipline should be reported to the school authorities by the class proctor.
No student should be found loitering in or out of the school campus during classes. F.C.S.S. declines any responsibility in case of an accident that occurs to a student loitering out of campus during lessons. Any student caught loitering will be given 2 hours of punishment.
ENTRY AND EXIT OF STUDENTS
- Any student absent from a lesson must present an “Entry Ticket” duly signed by the Senior Discipline Master or Mistress before entering the class.
- The â€˜Exit Notesâ€™ are signed by the senior Discipline Master/Mistress.
Permission to go out of school campus can only be issued in the following cases:
- Students who manifest poor health conditions.
- Written application from the student or parents with a valid reason.
N.BÂ : Students who suffer from recurrent Trans, may be advised to withdraw, and may only be readmitted if fully treated by parents.
CHAPTER 4 : SCHOOL UNIFORMS
- Only students who put on the prescribed uniforms shall be admitted into the school campus. The Names and Classes of the students must be embroidered in white thread and in bold characters over theÂ left pocket for boys and at the level of the left breast for girls above the badges.
- Girls must have low hair or only well and neatly platted hair with thread or matted. Boys must keep low cut, clean and regularly kempt [combed] hair and shaved chins, no moustache.
- All school shoes must be BLACK and low-heeled.
The following items are strictly prohibited:
- Long nails, nail polish make-up, lipstick, Hats, caps, headscarves, wigs, hairpins, long hair, wearing of veils, and other hair ornaments.
- Cell-phones and hand-sets and other electronic gadgets not prescribed by the school.
- Non medical glasses
- Tattooing the body or bursting holes on nose or several on ears.
- The wearing of assorted Jackets or pullovers on theÂ schoolÂ uniform.
- Smoking and drinking of alcohol on campus.
CHAPTER 5: GENERAL BEHAVIOUR OF STUDENTS AND VISITORS
- Students must participate in cleaning their classrooms and suroundings following a roster drawn up by the class proctor
- Students are strictly forbidden to write, draw on the walls, tables, benches/desks, doors windows etc
- Insults, fighting, cheating, aggression, disobedience, dishonesty, and insolence are forbidden.
- All errors or crimes can be punished by a teacher
- It is forbidden to litter the school compound.
- All un-executed punishment can lead to expulsion from lessons until punishment is done.
- All punished students must come along with tools required for the punishment.
- Any visitor who wishes to meet a student or member of staff, must obtain permission from the disciplinary office.
- Every student must have a toilet tissue in his/her back.
USING THE TOILET
- Do not use hard paper, only toilet tissue must be used.
- Do not drop sanitary towels or pads into the toilet. They must only be dropped in the sanitary buckets that are found in the toilet.
USING THE COMPUTER
Students are not allowed to introduce personal USB keys or diskettes into school computer.
|Late coming, noise making, poor dressing, disrespect of class roster, littering, loitering.||02 Hours punishment.|
|Damaged or misplacement of mate’s or school property.||Replacement of property.|
|Three punishments resulting from any of the above.||Warning.|
|Two warnings.||Serious warning.|
|Two serious warnings.||Dismissal.|
|Fighting, stealing, bullying a fellow student.||03 days suspension.|
|Failure to participate in an official match past.||05 days suspension.|
|Lack of respect towards a teacher, member of staff or authority.||08 days suspension.|
|Possession of pornographic, obscene and immoral books.||03 days suspension.|
|Gambling, consumption of drugs.||05 days suspension.|
|Possession and use of cell phones and other handsets.||Non refundable confiscation and 04 hours punishment.|
|Misusing the computer||Wash two classrooms;
Bearing the cost of repairs
|Misusing the toilet||Wash all the school toilets;
Bearing the cost of repairs
|Examination malpractices.||Student records a zero and 02 days labour.|
|Pregnancy.||Temporary suspension of those concerned.|
|Participation in unauthorized strikes.||Dismissal.|
|Love affairs and sexual harassement.||Parents summoned and 05 days punishment.|
|6 hours to 10 hours of unjustified absences.||Warning.|
|From 11 hours to 15 hours of unjustified absences.||Serious warning.|
|From 16 hours to 20 hours of unjustified absences.||03 days suspension.|
|21 hours to 30 hours of unjustified absences.||05 days suspension.|
|31 hours to 40 hours of unjustified absences.||08 days suspension.|
|More than 40 hours of unjustified absences.||Dismissal.|
|Any fault not mentioned above.||To be decided by the disciplinary council or school authorities.|
1) ACADEMIC AWARDS
- From 12 to 13.99/20 – Promotion
- From 14 to 15.99/20 – Encouragement.
- From 16 to 17.99/20 – Congratulations.
- From 18 to 20/20 – Distinctions.
2) ACADEMIC SANCTIONS
- Lest than 9/20 during the first term: Academic warning.
- Lest than 9/20 during theÂ second term: Serious academic warning
- Lest than 9/20 annual average: Dismissal.
- From 9 to 9.99/20: Repeat
- From 10 to 11 /20 : Remedial classes during holidays
CHAPTER 6 : SCHOOL REQUIREMENTS
At the beginning of the term, all school requirements will be inspected. That is, all prescribed text and exercise books, uniforms and all other items prescribed by the school.
Any student who shall not be up to date, will be send back home to complete the items before returning to class